On-Hire Surveys / Off-Hire Surveys of vessels or marine structures undertaken either before the vessel or structure is delivered into a charter, or redelivered from a charter. The survey report should include a detailed description of a vessel’s cargo spaces/deck areas structural condition, cargo space cleanliness, bunkers on board, listing of the vessel’s statutory certificates, portable securing equipment, etc.
On Hire Survey - A complete survey of a vessel to determine it’s condition prior to it being placed On-Hire.
Off Hire Survey - A complete survey of a vessel to determine it’s condition prior to it being taken Off-Hire.
When discrepancies differences arise in a bunker delivery operation, the experience of the Surveyor should be able to find the error, if any, or to give out the right figures for third party agreement.
The purpose of these On-Hire Surveys / Off-Hire Surveys is principally to determine the extent of damage, other than fair wear and tear, which may have occurred to the ship between two dates, usually those of the commencement and termination of charter. Whilst the determination of damage is the principle purpose of the two requisite reports, one being at the “on hire” survey and the other at the “off hire” survey, there are often three other requirements. These are generally:
· The checking of documents and certificates
· The establishment of quantities of fuel and stores on board
· Sometimes the establishment of the cleanliness of the cargo spaces
Visual inspection conducted at the time of delivery or re-delivery of a vessel to/from a time charter.
On-Hire Surveys / Off-Hire Surveys is very important for a client when hiring a vessel to limit their liability, by ensuring they have the correct information on the condition of the vessel and work required in respect of the Charter Party. Hence it is in the interest of a Client to get an independent survey carried out on their behalf which will then be used as evidence for their liabilities for the Charter period.
When attend to check the condition of the vessel when it is chartered from or redelivered back to the owner which usually includes in part the structure, document and bunker, Vessel survey to get a general impression by inspecting selected areas:
· Passenger areas
· Safety equipment
· Cargo areas
· Machinery spaces etc.
· Planned Maintenance System for outstanding items
· Sample of any prearranged open spaces (tanks etc).
· Certification and Classification records to be inspected
· Brief interviews with some of the crew members
On Hire Survey and Off Hire Survey alternative choice:
On/Off Hire Condition Survey
On/Off Hire ROB Bunker Survey
On/Off Hire Condition and ROB Bunker Survey
On/Off hire vessel condition.
It’s a visual inspection of vessel holds, main deck and cargo working areas are performed to identify any damage present prior to the vessel going on/off hire. This survey is carried out by us and after the completion we issue an attestation certificate.
This survey is compared with the previous condition survey carried out to the vessel, in order to determine if new damage have occurred to the vessel from cargo operations and/or stevedores damage.
On/Off hire vessel rob bunker survey.
This Bunker Survey must be done, taking care to sound all tanks and correct for temperature and density, consumption of D.O, F.O to vessel delivery at Pilot station of a Nation.
The survey goals are:
· ascertaining the condition of the vessel prior to delivery,
· recording any damage to hull or cargo spaces,
· certifying holds suitability for loading of the intended cargoes,
· validity of class and statutory certificates, etc.
At re-delivery, the surveyor is to ascertain whether during the time charter the vessel the vessel sustain any damage.
1. On or Off Hire Surveys are conducted to the extent requested by the client. If the client has not detailed the specifics of the survey, Attachment A - On/Off Hire Survey Checklist furnished as part of this instruction is to be used as a general guide for what is to be surveyed and recorded.
2. The information required is generally the same for On or Off Hire so a comparison can be made prior to and after hiring a vessel out. Therefore, Attachment A - On/Off Hire Survey Checklist can to be used as a guide for either an On or Off Hire Survey.
3. Spares, loose items and consumable stores, to the extent required by client, are to be surveyed and recorded.
4. During the course of an Off-Hire survey, the On-Hire survey report is to be referred to in order to determine any differences in condition (normal wear and tear excepted).
5. The Off-Hire survey shall be conducted subject to the same (or simulated) limitations encountered during the conduct of the On-Hire survey, as set forth in the On-Hire survey report.
in case you need Marine Surveyor for On Hire Survey and or Off Hire Survey please contact us on below detail our addressed,
PT. Binaga Ocean Surveyor
Kabil Industrial Estate
Ruko CNN Blok D3 No. 3 Batu Besar, Nongsa, Kabil, Batam 29467-Indonesia
Telephone : +62778 7100034
Fax. : +62778 7372503
Direct Call 24 Hrs : +628127015790
Hand-phone : 08117775790 (AOH)
Email : email@example.com